As Venturers, DFs and young Kinsfolk you may be interested in volunteering with Woodcraft Folk. We need and welcome your contribution - you are the future of Woodcraft Folk.
You might be unsure of how to go about volunteering or you might already volunteer as a leader or helper. You may even want to find out how to take on a leadership role.
Youth leader training
for Woodcraft Folk leaders and helpers
Learn practical, hands-on activities for Pioneers and Venturers!
Starting on August 11th, at Woodcraft Park Farm in Sussex, the camp will provide potential young leaders with training in all the activities you’d want to become a group leader, including craft, co-operation, positive behaviour and using Woodcraft’s aims and principles to make a fantastic, fun programme.
- Ever wanted to take a more active role in leading Woodcraft Folk activities, but not sure where to start?
- Interested in supporting other groups in your district, but feel you don’t have enough experience?
- Inspired by projects and campaigns around you led by other young people? Want to find out more about how to get involved?
- Do you lack enough volunteers to run groups in your district?
- Do DFs and young kinsfolk from your district tend to disappear rather than becoming young leaders?
These 4 snapshots inspire and guide the sections of Leading for the Future
The development of the ‘Leading for the future’ programme was guided by a reference group of young people and adults from different parts of Woodcraft Folk.
We explored what leadership meant to us and what leadership meant within Woodcraft Folk to develop this programme of activities.
Have a look at the ideas and interviews in the project archive. How does this compare to what you've come up with in your group? Have we missed anything you think is really important?
What is this?
Leading for the Future is a resource created with children, young people and adults from across Woodcraft Folk to support local groups to explore and develop their understanding of leadership, learn new skills and grow in confidence as young leaders. It is a set of activities, exploring different aspects of leadership, developing new skills and putting them into practice.